Review : Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens


 by Nazeha Maryam Jamal



“Sunsets are in disguise.

Covering truths, covering lies.




Where the Crawdads Sing is the story of the challenges faced by Kya in her life after she is abandoned by her entire family. Despite being rejected and shunned by most people she manages to survive alone in the marsh by learning all the secrets of the wilderness.

Kya is the heart and soul of this book. I was baffled at the calmness of the little girl even when she had no one at her side. It's been a while since I read a romance novel so the naive young love between her and Tate made me smile often. The storytelling is warm and sweet with wonderful nature descriptions. Combining romance with murder gave me something to look forward to throughout. My favorite scene for some reason is the one where she compares the people in the courtroom to different birds. The way it ended is the best part of it. The poem at the end gave me literal goosebumps. It easily became one of my favorites reads this year.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

India instructs VPN companies to collect and store data for five and hand over to the government.

Brutal crackdown by the government could not deter people from coming out of their homes and heading towards Islamabad

Everything you need to know about DDR5